szinamond

2003/10/22
Na, bocs, de a mai bejegyzés ékes (khmm, khmm) angol nyelven lesz. Mert már most nyomulok, hogy következő félévben bekerüljek creative writing órára. Hogy még ennél is jobban tudjam előadni szinönmagam. Úgyhogy be kell mutatnom valamit. Jöjjön. Lehet vállalkozni a fordításra. Meg
kérvényezni a magyar szöveget. Hahaha, lefordítom magam.


Fall in love

You wouldn't believe the trees just as you wouldn't believe the weather. A crucial point as it is in my being, being whoever I am for the day, up here it seems to strive to be my friend. My capricious and, so far, probably only one.

It loves acting. First I thought it would be the usual stuff, with all the humidity, rainy days here and there, but on the whole reliably sunny and stable. Pretty early I had to realize that I'd been mistaken. Because she'd started playing with me exactly when it was needed; I knew very well that she wanted to startle me and thus energize me – she even invited me to her little tricksters.

So I got caught. I wanted to spend as much time with her as possible for I knew our intimacy would soon end. I was sitting outside pretending to be busy reading, however, I was just waiting for her. No no no, she had already been there. I felt her caress.

She has her odd moments, too. She deserves to be called unpredictable, though I hope she doesn't take it to the heart; because this is exactly what makes her so charming. Yesterday she just scared me off with her gloomy mood – at such times I find I'd better retreat and be silent. And then she changed her mind and with a shrug of her shoulder, she started smiling. A faint smile it was, but heartfelt for sure. It made me getting tied to her even more.

How she can amaze me and attach me to herself, she's well aware of. With a tiny blink of her eye then an unexpected unkind rebuff, just to keep me under control. And to my greatest pleasure, suddenly I fall back to grace again, being smoothly soothed. It is a cool breeze of her mouth on my neck and the slight feel of her lips on my cheek. She doesn't even have to touch me.

I'm caught, I tell you. Still I have to admit how I dread parting with her. She will turn away from me in the moment I'm just dozing, not paying enough attention. She really demands it and being an egoist, she won't ever be satisfied. She knows I'm fascinated but she'll soon get sick and tired of my enthusiasm.

And in the end fall will be gone. Taking all the purple and golden, rusty and pale-green leaves with her. Handing me on to a morose foreigner, the thought of which makes me but titter. I wish she'd linger on.


szinamondta 10/22/2003 07:06:00 AM


0 comments

. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home






This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?