szinamond

2004/12/10
Hello Everyone,

I know I haven't been very great at keeping contact but I have an excuse: neither have you... Just kidding! I had to come to the general conclusion that time is a bitch and it flies by unnoticed whatever you do. I have spent almost two months here in Japan and I have had a wonderful time - however, this culture is indeed very different from what I had experienced before and sometimes it leaves me with puzzled feelings.

We have travelled around a little and went to a lot of gorgeous temples and shrines, and of course, we visited famous Japanese gardens full of positive energy and harmony. These are my favorites! Besides the food, of course... I have tried various different kinds of raw things, and based on my experience I suggest that you go for the raw squid sushi only if you want to excercise your chewing muscles for about 30 minutes. It really is that hard. :) However, I like the okonomiyaki for example, which is a Japanese junk food; they sell it at stands on the street too, it's little dough balls with pieces of octopus inside. Caution, the inside is real hot!

Apart from taking the Buddhist stance, I have been trying to keep it real :) - check out the "West Side" picture; we were walking in a far-away Buddhist town called Koyasan and we saw this random sign on a building. Yeah, we've had quite a few laughs about "Engrish", the language particular to Japan (e.g. one cute sign in a hostel said "Wash hands to avoid poisoning". Dan also bought a hoodie because the big monkey on the front says: "Sometimes I wish I could fly." And the writing on the back is: "And become the bird that flaps the sky" - can anyone beat this?).

All in all, I am doing good and think a lot about you. I am going home to Hungary on December 22 and I'll have my last university exam (defense of my thesis) in January; I want to do some freelance writing after that and who knows, maybe visit you all sometime soon. Unless you come and visit me before!!! I hope you are doing fine; drop me a line if you have a chance.

Peace and much love,
E.



szinamondta 12/10/2004 04:17:00 AM


0 comments

. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home






This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?