szinamond

2005/01/17
Wassup Sista:

Good to hear from you. Langston and everyone is doing well. I'm fine, too. I
start teaching tomorrow after a whole year off. I might be a little rusty.
What else? My new book comes out this year. Hoops. I'm excited about it.
Only I still have to finish it. I have a bunch of readings in the spring and
summer. So, I needs to get it done.

I've gone snow-shoeing and skiing this winter. Clearly, I do one better than
the other. I'm hoping to learn snow-boarding, too. I am fastly discovering
the key to winter is finding some sport one enjoys.

Just got back from Charlotte, North Carolina, a great weekend with some
other writers and socializing heavy in 80 degree weather. Whew!

Congrats on finishing/passing your exam. That must be a relief. I do hope
you return to the states.

I'll never forget you silly.

I'm giving a talk at the Univ. of Colorado Denver on poetry and hip-hop
music. I think specifically I'm gonna talk about the ballad, particularly De
La Soul's Millie Shot Santa and Slick Rick's bedtime story. I was thinking
of you when I got this assignment.

Anway, good luck on your future ventures.

Much love,
Major J.


szinamondta 1/17/2005 06:02:00 PM


0 comments

. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home






This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?